Saturday, May 1, 2010

Nothing to do but wait

My sister got the call around 9:30 this morning, just after my mom left there for my brother's house and his twins.

My niece delivered her twin girls this morning at 24 weeks. The first report was that one had died and the other was just tiny. After her dad (my brother-in-law) arrived, the news was updated to two live babies.

By mid afternoon, the news was updated again. It turns out that one baby is three pounds, and they're not worried too much about that one. The other baby was one pound. The NICU nurses told my niece that often these tiny ones get really tired at around 12 hours old and just check out on their own. They mentioned something about twin-to-twin transfusion, but it really doesn't matter. We'll just see what the night brings. Nothing else to do.

So, I'm stuck home without any females to talk to. *sigh* Even The Husband is out until late tonight.

No comments: