Tuesday, May 18, 2010

s'okay.

My blood pressure was 129 over something, but that's not too bad, I guess. They wouldn't give me a sticker -- EVEN THOUGH I LOST 18 POUNDS SINCE MY LAST APPOINTMENT! Can you imagine? The state of medical treatment these days. It's a travesty.

The extended family isn't doing as well.

My niece is suffering with the loss of her twins and trying to self-medicate with alcohol and tobacco. My sister is dying a slow death, watching her on facebook.

My brother's newborn twins are waking up and making themselves heard. My mom is still there to help with the four year old, but the little darling is wise to the scheme now and won't go anywhere near my mom. Mom keeps sending me narratives. "Right now, SIL is addressing thank you notes while watching Xena Princess Warrior and the fall of Sparta. Brother is trying to get Little Darling to trace letters. The cat is sitting on the kitchen counter, knocking bottles onto the floor with her tail. The other cat is wheezing in the corner of the kitchen, petrified. Now, Little Darling has started to whine to go outside in the rain. SIL puts her in front of a movie. LD stares vacantly at the movie, then pees and poops her pants." Fear this house.

I've told my mom that all we can do is light a candle for them when she gets home.

No comments: