Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Stupid people I'm related to

Ahh, the family crises have abated. My stupid brother and his ill-fated brood are getting along without my mom. She's headed home to us. My pottymouth, barfly niece is grieving inappropriately for her two preemie girls by getting together with the ex-ex-boyfriend who has been known to hit women. My sister, being an almost-empty-nester, is actually going to take on my brother's 4-year-old daughter for a week. Good luck with that one. They're still considering if this is the right time to toilet train her. (Ya think?)

Me, I'm just crazy enough to take my dad up to visit the stupid brother for the last weekend of June. Stupid Brother (SB) is having my sister bring poopy-pants girl back to his house the same weekend. So it'll be a family reunion... Yayyyyy... Someone kill me. Did I mention that they don't have a guest room? They seem to think that chaos is a virtue, rather than just a byproduct of having kids around. I honestly think that they shoot for it. Filth and degredation follow...

So, let's take stock of my stupid brother's spawn. His wife is 1 for 4 on producing healthy children. They deny that a child with 9 hemi-vertebrae, half of one kidney, and a heart valve that must be replaced at least one more time is NOT special needs. They deny that a child with absolutely nothing connecting her brain halves is NOT special needs.

AND.

*sigh*

Lord love us. They're of the persuasion that says, "God sends babies..." They're not finished having kids. She's 42, is 100 pounds overweight, and has extremely high blood pressure. They aren't trying NOT to have a downs child. I've told them that I understand that they'll love any child that God sends them. But I also understand that they'd better not be expecting me to take their six (or seven) disabled children if they're both killed on date night. Sorry. No can do. We're full up.

Y'know, I'm starting to think that maybe, just maybe, I have drama queen tendencies.

No comments: