Monday, May 3, 2010

And yet more waiting. And more

So Lil Bit, my tiny great-niece, is hanging in there and her mother is being booted from the hospital today. My neice now has to pick up her car from the first hospital she had gone to, pick up her cell phone charger from the second hospital they sent her to, and then visit her tiny baby in the third hospital. Oh, and pump, eat, pee. Poor thing.

Meanwhile, my brother's 35-week twins (Tiny Girl and Tiny Boy) are being released today. Just as they were about to leave, someone in the medical community suddenly wanted to do an MRI on Tiny Girl. Why? Something about a possibility, however slight, that she may have Agenesis of the Corpus Collosum. In other words, the two halves of her brain may not be connected correctly. Some of the details in the prognosis section of that link are pretty dire, so I'm just going to refuse to think about it until I hear further. Works for me.

My own son kept me up all night with dry heaves. Yup, the barfing stopped around midnight, and he just kept waking up every hour or so with dry heaves. He's been doing it off and on all day, and is now running a fever of almost 102. When it rains, it pours.

Or something like that.

No comments: