Sunday, April 10, 2011

Summer... Yeah...

Well, summer's here. The A/C is on. The pools are open. The swimsuits are in place. Popsicles are in the freezer. I'm whining to get the windows tinted in my car again. But this time, I'm asking for it for my Mother's Day and maybe Teacher's Day. (My school doesn't have much of an end-of-school carnival, but the teacher does get a small token of the students' and school board's gratitude.)

It's not really summer, of course. Not high summer. We're in normal summer now, until maybe mid-June. Then something shifts in the cosmos, and it becomes unreasonably, brutally, stupidly, and insanely hot. Too hot to grill outdoors before sunset. Too hot to go to the beach during the day. Just in time for everyone from Wisconsin to visit Disney. Luckily, Disney air conditions the outdoors, so that's okay.

Ah, summer. (Can I move to Wisconsin now?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll save you a seat by our pool;)
You deserve tinted windows AND a new suit for Teacher Appreciation Week--tell those parents to ante up extra for all the hard work you do!