Friday, April 8, 2011

The Martyr Diaries

It's not a full moon, is it? ;)

Seriously, the boy woke me at 1am to ask where his yellow colored pencil was. I told him to look in the colored pencil bin on the school table. He says, "Hey! Good idea! Thanks!!" At 2am, the girl woke me to watch her close her window and then then tuck her in again, complete with the entire litany and ritual. There wasn't any genuflecting or incense involved, but close.

Tired today. But that's nothing new.

The kids have taken to covering the carpet with trash and crumbs and then complaining when I vacuum. They're five feet, 90 pounds, and eleven years old. But I just don't have the will to make them vacuum. My husband thinks I'm acting like a martyr. Yeah, ya think?

Martyr (Noun) -- one who suffers for a cause. YA THINK?!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But is the cause worth suffering for? (Sorry, I couldnl't resist getting all deep here.)