Thursday, April 21, 2011

Life as I know it.

Well, another day, another post. Today I woke, showered, made the bed, emptied the dishwasher, fed the kids, made their beds, cleaned up their rooms, and started the laundry. Then I did The Girl's OT exercises and taught for a few hours, followed by mopping the kitchen and dusting/vacuuming the entire fecking house. (No kidding -- master bedroom, two kids' bedrooms, office, living room, family room, plus two couches.) Then I made a foray for a huge load of groceries, put all of them away, taught another hour of school, and CRASHED for a nap. Can you say "hot dogs for dinner"?

Green Girl had a recent post of things she loathed. I'm adding "sweeping the kitchen and then watching little bits of the pile scurry away back toward the baseboards". Eew.

While I was out getting groceries with two wacky children, I also stopped so The Boy could get a haircut. Yes, he wanted a haircut. Yayy! My hair is starting to get kinda limp and fuzzy looking at the ends, so it's about time for another of my thrilling spa afternoons at The Hair Cuttery. (I love the high life!)

My hair is finally starting to show grey streaks, and I'm thinking I have basically three choices. First, ignore it, let it grow out, and look like a hippie Earth mother. Second, dye it and have roots all the time. Third, remove all mirrors from the bathroom.

What do you think?

4 comments:

Amy said...

I handled my lovely, random clumps of gray with Miss Clairol, and I say - don't do it! I don't have the time, money or motivation to keep up with it properly but now I feel trapped. Earth mama AND no mirrors sounds like the perfect solution to me.

Anonymous said...

I'm getting grayer too, suddenly and am faced with those same choices. AND I'm getting a cut today!

LeAnn Knight said...

To dye or not to dye... I started getting greys in my early 20's - started dying it in my 30's then stopped and let it grow out a few years ago because my hair had gotten so dry and damaged. After seeing just how much grey I have (and how old it makes me look) I've started dying it again - this time with a temporary color (less damaging). Takes about 30 minutes every 6-8 weeks. It may be a pain, but I'm worth it. :)

Cassi said...

First of all, how could anyone physically fit that much into one day? You deserve a vacation, not just a nap.

I'm quite gray by now, and I tried the Earth-mother look for a while. Then I tried it gray and short. Neither worked for me, and my daughter's friends started wondering if I was her grandmother (I'm an old mom --she's 10, I'm 47). So, now I do the dye thing. I hate it, I don't do it often enough, but I do it.