Friday, April 29, 2011

The frog princess

It's official. Per the English Royalty, I am officially drab, fat, and dull.

Never mind that I woke this morning with the unshakable conviction that I need a vacation, and badly. From my whining, screeching kids. My whining, screeching, clinging, needy children.Whom I homeschool because they're so non-neurotypical that the public schools don't even know how to start. Both of whom woke me at 1:30 am today -- one to be tucked in and the other because his legs were twitchy and he believes in monsters. (No, not my mother! Other monsters.) Then the cats walked all over me until morning, and I woke with a sore throat.

I didn't even see Kate's dress -- sorry, Catherine's dress -- until the evening news, and now I'm totally bummed. I need to lose 40 pounds, 20 years, and two kids. And boy, oh boy, the money the Middletons spent on orthodonture was well spent, wasn't it? At first I thought the dress was too casual and a bit dowdy, but having seen her in it for a while, I'm convinced it was the right one. She looked modest and comfortable, not the least bit self-conscious about what she was wearing. She looked great. And happy!

Lucky Prince Harry has now graduated to Most Eligible Bachelor in the Kingdom. But it's not the same. ;)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Prince Harry is almost idental to one of my BILs. DH has a cousin who is pretty much a TWIN to Harry. It's freaky. And yes... I want to just fit into that dress, even if I never get to be a Duchess. Currently I'd look better in the Queen's getup. :P

Anonymous said...

They were lovely. I try to imagine either girl pushing a vacuum and I can't conjure it.