Sunday, November 7, 2010

The not-so-attractive truth

Does anyone else keep their blog a secret from "real" people?

Not that you all aren't real, you're just sort of virtual. You don't have to put up with me if you don't want to. I won't show up at your door asking for sugar. You can't effectively hold a grudge against me. I can piss you off and not really burn many bridges.

And I can say absolutely anything I want, and you (probably) won't think I'm crazy. And even if you do, it just doesn't matter. So, for your amusement, here are a few things I don't tell real people.

I hate Disney World. You heard me -- I hate Disney. It's too freaking clean, happy, and colorful. Good Lord, I've seen King Cakes that were more sedate. See?

I hate Christmas. Nuff said.

I used to have a life outside my house -- and I liked it. It paid really, really well. People respected me -- for what I knew and the way I dressed. I could "nice" a client into submission with pure force of will and exquisite manners. Oh sure, I didn't have superpowers (like turning pepperoni pizza into human milk) and it was a shallow and easy-won success, but I liked it.

That said, I don't want to go back to the paid workforce. I'd rather be poked in the eye with a stick. Too many Dilbert cartoons.



I played hookey from church this morning. I was feeling weepy and church was making it worse, so I left. I went for a long walk on the beach and got me a bacon-egg-and-cheese bagel at Dunkin Donuts. (I told The Husband later, and he had a good chuckle, the little heathen.)

If I had the choice, I would not homeschool. THAT'S RIGHT -- YOU HEARD ME! And you still like me, right?

(Did I mention that I'm a revolting approval-seeker? Yeah, it's that middle child thing.)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm not a middle child, but I still seek approval. And I totally hide my blog from people. Like my mother. Not that I have mom issues or anything. And I'm glad I'm not the only one who wouldn't homeschool if it wasn't in the best interests of the child and just plain easier than dealing with IEP crap. Thanks for saying what we all think :)

Anonymous said...

For one, I like you just the way you are. You can hate Disney and miss your old work and hate home schooling and I applaud your honesty!
And I feel EXACTLY the same way about Christmas--I do all the work! It makes me resent it! I'm happier in the last 2 years when I realized that and quit doing things I hated, got other people to do them, quit buying gifts for bunches of people, and relished the events (like decorating cookies). But my kids are older, which helped make things more fun, too.