Friday, March 18, 2011

Did I mention it's gloating season?

Have I mentioned that the weather has been nice here? Yeahhh. If I'm going to complain about summers here, I really should give it its propers now.

We've had the heat/AC off for about two months now. The high has been in the 70's with the lows around 50 just forever. This week, the highs have been in the low 80's. *sigh* Lovely. The kids have been lolling around in shorts since mid-January.

The bikers showed up about a week after the Daytona 500, and the weather was Chamber-of-Commerce gorgeous for both events. The bikers left, and now the college kids are here. (They've gotten much better behaved since MTV moved out!) The Husband's college is giving us spring break this coming week, and we've got a ton of house-related stuff lined up to do.

Tomorrow, in honor of the closest full moon in 20 years, we're going out for frozen cheesecake on a stick dipped in chocolate (cheesecake-sickle?) on the way to watch the moon rise over the ocean. Oh yeahhh. Florida.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Ohhhhhh that sounds lovely. I am jealous. And would like the cheesecake on a stick, too, please.

LeAnn Knight said...

The chocolate covered cheesecake sounds divine. I'll bet your view of the moon over the ocean was gorgeous. I had planned to go out and get moon pics last night, but totally forgot. :(

Anonymous said...

That weather--I'd gloat too! glad MTV moved out--they bring no good to the 'hood.