Friday, December 10, 2010

Of Dentists and Christmas sweaters...

Thanks for the encouragement! The dentist didn't go too badly. The first thing she did was to ask, "You understand what we're doing today, right?" I said, "Yeah, you're going to grind down two of my teeth to stumps and glue fake ones on." She says, "Yeah. I guess so." ;)

The saving grace was that I charged my iPod shuffle and loaded up some fun Jack Johnson music. Every time she got out the God-awful grinder, I just cranked the volume up again. You have to check out that link for Jack Johnson. He's also the man who did all the music on the last Curious George movie. It's hip, catchy, and really relaxed. I mean, the man grew up on the north shore of Oahu. He should be.

Anyway, the laptop's still broken, so I'm sitting in the not-so-comfortable desk chair, trying to type on a really clunky keyboard. And it's cold over here by the sliding glass doors. Brr. And speaking of cold -- brr! It's gone below freezing twice this week, and we're due for another cold shot on Monday or Tuesday. This is seriously cutting into my gloating time.

But the silver lining is that I could wear my sequined sweater to The Husband's office party. Yup, I propped my old dad in front of the TV and left the kids with him for three hours. I know, it doesn't sound like a really good idea, but they're almost eleven years old, so I figured it'd be okay. That was the story I had prepared for Child Welfare anyway. Naturally, The Girl took that exact moment to realize that even though I had taken her to the grocery story after the Hair Cuttery (the proper sequence), I had failed to buy cheese at the deli. Hell hath no fury like a girl denied Land O Lakes white American cheese, sliced thickly. To make a long story short, it all worked out, and I have to go get out of this sequined sweater and have it washed for Christmas Eve. Ironically, it's not very warm. Life. Meh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But you looked sparkley which is important!

Sarah said...

Yay sparkly! And I love Jack Johnson. He's just soo smoooooooth.