Sunday, December 12, 2010

Ballet and Birthday Pie

Well, I took The Girl to see the Nutcracker last night. It went just a little better than I expected. Let's say it was a good thing that it was a local cheap ballet; otherwise the people around us would have been pissed at the chattering. She hid behind her jacket most of the time, but when the music changed, she would peek out to see what just came onstage. All in all, I think she liked it.

The OT has us doing "brushing" right now, and I think it's helping. Basically, every three hours, I have to brush her arms, legs, and back, and compress her arm and leg joints. It's a little like getting a massage five times a day. No wonder she's mellowed out. I know I would be. Still, the things we do for love, eh?

The Husband's birthday was today. We really hadn't planned to do all that much partying for it, as he's a pretty mellow individual. We ended up having Michael Angelo's veggie lasagna and an apple pie. The Boy decided that the shirt and khakis that The Husband bought himself last week would NOT be a good birthday present. (That's usually how we work it -- your own birthday present must be presented to the spouse by close of business on the Wednesday before your birthday weekend. Present will be wrapped by excited children, and you must act surprised and happy when you open it.) I had already bought my dad a Whitman's chocolate sampler for Christmas, so that was the emergency birthday present. In case you were wondering, you should NEVER put birthday candles in an apple pie. Why? The candles melt right into the hot apple filling. WHO KNEW?!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

HAHAHAHA my sister once asked for an apple pie for her birthday (also in December... this week, actually) and it ended about the same way.

Anonymous said...

Aha--duly noted about the wax-melting properties of apple pie. hope the daily rub downs are helping!