Sunday, December 5, 2010

Just Sunday, sliding in to Christmas vacation...

Well, I'm done Christmas shopping. Yeah. You heard me. Done. Me and my laptop are D-O-N-E. I'm loving it. ;) I had to clear $50 at Hearthsong to get cheap shipping, so I bought me a calligraphy set. Pretty...

Nothing much else is going on. Today was breakfast at church day, so The Boy and I ate bacon, "eggs", and grits, and then killed an hour before church started. He's gotten so tall, I hardly recognize him across the church yard. We remembered our Angel Tree presents, so that's check-o-la. Then we went home, had a snack and slept for two hours. I think the (mythical) Billingsly family may have given us a cold or something.

Either way, I avoided doing any housework today. Hey, it's kept this long, it'll keep a few more days. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

We have our shopping done. I have only my two and my brother's three kids, plus The Husband, my parents, and a few stray aunts. We found these nifty ball point pens that you put a picture in. Those will do nicely as at least part of the aunts' presents. My father is getting a t-shirt that says, "History Buff. (I would find you more interesting if you were dead.)" Yeah, you wonder where I get my sense of humor? I'm sure I'll have more grousing to do about my mother's present, but the high-stakes kid presents are d-u-n.

Anyway, it's Sunday evening again. Time for Doc Martin and some mild panic that I have to drive to The Big City tomorrow. If I could get the kids to turn off the TV for six hours a day, I'd give them a couple of weeks off. I guess that's coming soon enough, eh?

Before then, though, I have to have my teeth cleaned, get a mammogram, and go to a meeting at Learning Rx. I have ballet tickets for The Girl and me, and The Husband and I are going to a concert. We have an office party on Friday. Soon enough, though. Soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You love Doc Martin? So do we! In fact, Season 4 is on my Christmas list!
Enjoy the ballet with your daughter;)