Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Mom. Incognito.

For the actual first time in my life, I hid from my kids this morning. They were waking up whiny, and I couldn't take it anymore. The Boy wanted to be The Girl, so he took the comfy comforter and the comfy recliner and wouldn't give it up. Then he decided he could choose the channel, even though she watches the same thing every morning without fail. Then they couldn't find the remote control. Whine, whine, whine! WHINE! I straightened them out and hid until I could wake up decently. In my room? No, there's a cat door to our room and the cats would bug me. In the master bathroom? I don't think so. On through the bathroom to the walk-in closet? Oh yeah. A grown woman slept on the floor in the master bedroom closet to get away from whining children.

Fortunately, the day looked up once I had woken like a civilized human. Y'know, on the floor.

On an entirely unrelated but equally strange note, The Girl has started cutting her own hair. Yeah, it's usually a three-year-old thing, but she's developmentally and haircuttingly delayed. We can't figure out exactly where she's cutting it from, but we think it's probably the nape of her neck. Maybe it was poking her in the neck. Maybe she was inspired the women at the hair cuttery last weekend. Maybe she wants me to lose my mind. Who knows? It's a mystery...

2 comments:

Suburban Correspondent said...

Hey, whatever works!

S. said...

Oh, BLAH. I do love the hiding from your kids bit. I wish I had a walk-in closet I could use. Then again, my kids'd break down the door... :p :)