Monday, December 17, 2012

Stood up by homeschoolers! (And other sad stories)

So, we got stood up by the new homeschool group that I was checking out. So much for them! Seriously, they have 25 people on their facebook membership, and we were there for an HOUR and no one showed up for their Christmas party. *sigh* I knew that a few people had bailed because of illness or fatigue (from spending a three-day weekend at Disney), but I thought a few people would show up. I made a dish-to-share and got my two unisex/all ages/under $3 gifts wrapped, and -- nuthin'. (In case you're curious, they were Christmas Pez dispensers! Anyone want one?)

So we went out for McDonalds, visited Office Depot, bought The Girl some new sneakers, and were home in time for Dinosaur Train at 1:30. Still sad.

We're also in the process of buying a vacation house Up North in The Husband's home town. The credit union up there gave us 3.25 percent, so we went with them. Big mistake. They don't know their heads from... something that isn't their heads. And neither do the local lawyers we hired. If we don't close in the next week, the current owner is going to have to pay post-fiscal-cliff capitol gains tax rate, and she plans to take it out of our hides. Still sad.

Anyone want to come clean my house for me and bake some cookies? And while you're here, can you figure out why I can't seem to put together an outfit? I suspect that I'm just too cheap to wear anything but shorts and t-shirts, but I need confirmation...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh that SUCKS. Our mom's group fell apart because of 'attendance' problems like that. It's not fair to the moms who actually care, but so many just don't. I'm sorry. And hopefully you can get closed before all hell breaks loose with the house. Fingers crossed and keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

Oooh...that stinks. And sucks and burns and sticks in my craw, too!

I think you should go shopping for clothes--a little retail therapy.