Saturday, December 22, 2012

Candy and polite dogs

Today was Candy Day -- peanut brittle (that turned out FABULOUSLY, thankyouverymuch), spiced walnuts, spiced pecans, white chocolate mint bark, chocolate-peanut butter no-bake cookies. Basically I cooked things that stuck to pots and required a candy thermometer. I think I overcooked the no-bake cookies -- they're a little dry. Not that it's slowing the kids down any. Tomorrow is Pie Day. Turns out, tomorrow is also a children's play, so maybe tonight is Pie Night.

Meh, either way, I just don't care. Christmas is supposed to be a time for togetherness, but no one will even go for a walk with me. *sigh* Maybe I need a dog. Oh wait, she'd just eat all the no-bake cookies and then throw them up on the carpet... Maybe I'll stick with kids.

Funny note: if I ever do get a dog, I'll have to name it "Please". Every time I have to handle a dog, I keep saying "please". As in, "Sit, Please." Or "Come, Please." Whatever I say to a dog is always followed by, "Please." I'm so strange.

No comments: