Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas advances...

Well, Pie Day was a total washout, but I don't care. I'll bake tomorrow.

I read the "shoot from Jesse's stump" reading for the Lessons and Carols service this morning, and stood around after church with Good Episcopalians, remarking how this is a good time to be from Minnesota. Lovely weather here...

We went to a radio-show-play of Miracle on 34th Street, and Santa was very convincing. My husband almost died of mortification because his kids are so weird. We had The Glaring Woman three seats over from us -- you know, the one who's already giving you the stink eye before the show even starts 'cause your kid is fidgeting. I plied the kids with candy canes, and they were pretty good until intermission. Tragically, there were Reese's Peanut Butter Cups at the snack bar before The Girl and I went to the bathroom, but they were gone by the time we got back. Cue meltdown. The husband took her for a ride in the car while The Boy and I witnessed the Birth of Faith in a feminist's heart. Y'know, the stories that Made Our Country Great.

Still, it was good to get out around other people who at least seem to like me. Now, I'm hiding in the den with my peanut brittle, waiting for The Man to bring home Pizza Hut.

New tradition -- tourtiere on New Year's Eve. :)


Mmm. Except, we use beef and pork, and we use cinnamon, instead of thym et de sauge séchés...

No comments: