Thursday, September 10, 2009

Spoke too soon... ;)

The boy is still working on his math. And *I* get his computer time. Bwaaa-haa-haaa! I love this plan!

Every now and then, I get a whining noise from the work area, but when I ask if he needs help, he says no. He's up to "I'm such a loser." I keep telling him, "No, you just put your work off too long."

Today was the first day of Homeschool PE at the YMCA. Usually the YMCA gets around a dozen kids or so, but this year, the homeschool moms have organized a swim class on Tuesdays in the next town over. No one feels the need to spend $50 for 7 weeks of PE, so we're basically the only ones there besides an extremely nice boy exactly The Boy's age. The Girl and I finished "our" language arts while we waited. Not a bad deal. Still, it's more fun with more boys.

I'm seriously thinking about joining Weight Watchers. See, if I gain any more weight, I'm going to have to find a sturdier step ladder -- mine's only rated up to 225 pounds. Sad, yes, but true. Last night at the grocery, the frickin' scale said 215 pounds. Eek! I always said that if I ever cleared 200 pounds, I'd just kill myself, but it's not looking like such a viable choice now.

Maybe Curves and Weight Watchers are the way to go. God knows I have no self-discipline, and God knows that I have no long pants that fit. Seriously, I haven't worn long pants since February, and none fit now. AND I'm going Up North at Christmas. AND I can't afford new pants. I can either spend the money on Curves and WW, or I can spend it on new pants. That's not even starting to talk about the tingling in my leg and the pain in my heel... Time to act like a middle-aged woman and get on with it. *sigh*

No comments: