Monday, September 21, 2009

Long weekend...

Well, what a busy three days it has been. I've been through a major fit of "Why me?" combined with "God, I'm tired of being a continual public spectacle." Yeah, it was a long weekend. Can you say "cub scout awards dinner"? ;) WHADDYA MEAN IT'S ONLY BEEN TWO DAYS?!

I'm seriously considering trying The Girl on Sertraline. What the heck -- the rest of us are on it, so why not? Seriously -- the apparent terror, the clutching at her ears, the reeling and staggering, the immediate request to go home or to the bathroom. It doesn't matter where we are. If it isn't a place she's been to before, you can forget it. I'm not sure when the cutoff was, but there seems to have been one.

She has a love/hate relationship with church. For some reason, she likes going to Children's Church, even though all she does is hide on a couch for 45 minutes, but church holds such horrors for her that she won't even go past the lobby. Fortunately (NOT!) the rector's lapel microphone is piped directly into the lobby. If she would stay home, I would let her, but her compulsions drive her on...

Where does this all end?

2 comments:

Suburban Correspondent said...

I have no idea how you even begin to manage...

Mom on the Verge said...

Yeah, sometimes I wonder, too. ;) Mostly, it comes down to there being no other choice.

I've always said that if your toddler does not make a public spectacle of you at least once a trip, you're just not getting your money's worth. But this is too much.