Thursday, September 8, 2011

knitting, the dentist, and swearing -- not necessarily in that order

How many times a day is healthy to mentally scream, "Shut the f*ck up!"? 'Cause I think I'm pushing the envelope... Ah homeschool, my very own nirvana.

Went to the dentist today. Actually, the kids went to the dentist today and I took them. The Boy has been seriously cheating on his brushing -- just wiping the brush around and rinsing. They busted him for it, and gave him brushing lessons and an egg timer. Haha! The Girl actually laid back in the chair for once. She was having none of the metal scraping hook or the spit-sucking tube -- sensible girl that she is. I mean, really? It doesn't look or sound like a good idea, does it?

Either way, we all escaped within an hour with our treasure box toy, and all is well. The women at checkout offered us tardy notes for the school. Heh. I told her we homeschool, and I'd write them a note myself. I'm so funny.

I've started knitting socks. Yeah, not enough to do, but if I don't get off the computer by 9:00, I'm playing spider solitaire until midnight. I need something else to do. The problem I've found now is that I have a choice between two styles of heels. One is extremely popular and the other looks easier.




I'm sure that one style is morally or structurally better than the other, but I'm not sure which. I've put out a plea to the only person I know who knits -- Suburban Correspondent. I'm sure she has an opinion... ;)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow... you knit! That's one of those things I'll probably never learn to do myself but admire people who can/do. I wanna see sock pictures when you get done!

Anonymous said...

I've never had the nerve to knit socks.
Your homeschool humor made me laugh too! Heh.