Friday, September 9, 2011

Kicking ass and taking names.

I woke up to a depressingly dirty, messy house this morning. The Boy has been out of sorts for days (maybe sick?), and his room has been a total disaster area. So I thought it was about time to kick some housecleaning ass. (You weren't hoping that I actually kicked some real ass, were you?)

I've done four loads of laundry, put a ton of crap away, vacuumed the entire house, and mopped the kitchen floor. I know it doesn't sound like a ton of work, but it made a huge difference. I didn't dust, I didn't clean the kitchen cabinets -- I just cleared the furniture and cleaned the floors.

I had goaded The Boy into cleaning his room this morning, but there's just so much a boy can do.
Does this happen to you? You say, "Clean your room now boy. Clear the floor. Put the stuff where it belongs." And he says, "Okay." And you wait. And nothing happens. So you say, "Just put the stuffed animals in the bin, then, and put your shoes away. K?" So he does. You try again, "Great. Now please pick up anything made of paper -- books, pads, tissues -- and put it where it belongs. K?" So he does. But he then he starts to get wise to me. "You're making me clean my room, aren't you? Why can't you just say so? Why do you have to be so bossy?! I can clean my room!" Yeah. Right.

Anyway, when he fell asleep after lunch, I dumped his closet and re-folded it, then I vacuumed his room. Yes, that's right -- I vacuumed his room while he slept in it. Gotta love that.

So, now I'm tired. But happy. I've kicked ass and taken names. ;)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

How refreshing! I have to do exactly the same thing to my boy... the girl isn't so bad, but the boy... the boy... ech.

Anonymous said...

I adore the feeling of setting things back to order. But I've never vacuumed around a sleeping kid!