Sunday, September 25, 2011

7 Quick Takes!

Some random thoughts:

1. Gee, I wish my dad would stop upgrading my IE to release 9. It really screws up my blogger.

2. The Husband had a proud parenting moment this week. The Boy fell asleep with gum in his hand and glued his hand to his crotch. I thought that only happened in fraternity pranks.

3. Is it a bad sign when you have to mop the kitchen with a plastic scraper (putty knife) in your left hand? Gee, I hope not. 'Cause if it is, I'm going to have to stop buying cookies-n-cream ice cream.

4. My OT suggested that we could set new goals for The Girl, upgrade her goals, or she (the OT) could release us. My heart almost stopped. Please, dear woman, do not abandon us!

5. If you're going to make bean soup with kale, don't use adzuki (purple) beans -- green + purple = swamp slime brown. Just sayin'.

6. The Husband and I went out for Thai food and a baroque concert on Friday. I realized sometime around dessert that it was the first time we'd been alone (and conscious) anywhere for about three months. When the kids used to sleep, we at least had 9:00 to 10:00 each evening. Now? Forget about it.

7. I have discovered this phenomenon known as "Mormon Mommy Blogs". These women are scary creative, have gorgeous children, and outrageously engaged husbands. They make gorgeous table runners with bleach pens. They make educational nature walks from glue dots. *sigh* How could a Protestant ever compete with with that?

Anyway, that's about it from here. Still hot out. Still looking for a child-safe cattle prod to make homeschool easier. Still trying to get some sleep.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

#2 had me totally laughing out loud. DH had to ask. I told him. He laughed, too. That's just fun.

Anonymous said...

Somewhere the Mormons are laughing at our feeble attempts to compete.
Your husband is AWESOME. But I hope everyone's eyebrows are safe...
A date night! We had one over the weekend too--the first since my birthday back in FEBRUARY.