Friday, August 26, 2011

My kids and other hurricanes

For those keeping score, hurricane Irene is missing Florida completely and slamming full-force into Manhattan. So we're fine, but the northeast is on their own. ;)

In other hurricane-like news, my kids are acting like wild animals. I swear if I left, they'd be feral within a week. I'd come back and find them chewing on bones on the floor and rolling in corn chip crumbs. They'd be unwashed and overloaded on screen time. The house would be completely buried in trash.They make me crazy.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

It's true. One of my friends once tossed around the idea of pinning $20 bills to our kids' clothing and taking off for a weekend but decided that returning would have to be optional because neither of us wanted to deal with the fallout. Feral, indeed.

LeAnn Knight said...

I was actually hoping that the hurricane would head West and bring some rain to Texas. Really.