Sunday, May 8, 2011

Update on Mother's Day

Today, my lovely daughter gifted me with Mother's Day flowers -- for the first time, she wore her new purple dress with the flowers instead of the ratty old pink dress that I've been trying to get rid of. She walked into the living room and said, "Flowers for Mother's Day!" She cracks me up!

And when The Husband wouldn't let her eat the cake that he and The Boy baked last night, she said, "I want to eat the brownies." When we told her that it was cake for after dinner, she said, "I want to go to WalMart and get brownies." Let me tell you, when The Girl can come up with a compound sentence like that, I hop to attention. (Besides, it sounded good to me, too!)

The Boy has decided on the menu for dinner -- Pizza Hut. Um. Pizza Hut? Sure! (Translation: no cooking? Sure!) The chocolate icing and M&M's will go on the cake closer to dinner, and my mom arrives at 5:00. In the mean time, I've made the sheets for the sofa bed, and am reupholstering the nasty computer chair. My family hates it when I indulge in arts-n-crafts (like painting and home linens), so I figured I'd strike while the iron's hot!

Hope everyone's is going well, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love how you roll with your kids--they are blessed.