Monday, May 9, 2011

House Proud

So today, I got up early, did the usual minor house work and started on the kitchen floor. Three hours later (with a 10 minute break for handwriting), I was done. I stripped the whole damned thing with toxic chemicals and a scrub brush, and rinsed it with my floor mate. It only got one coat of wax before I had to run off to The Big City for The Girl's therapy, but I can do more later. I simply do not have the strength to do it now.

When I staggered back through the door at 5:00, I told The Husband that I had no idea what was for dinner, and he said those magic words, "I picked up some deli meat, rolls, potato chips, and fruit salad for dinner, okay?" I do love that man. His intuition is impeccable. And they're his sisters.

He doesn't have the biggest house in the family, but I want him to be proud of it. We're of the generation that tends say, "Come on in." and "Sorry about the mess." all in one sentence. Not this time, baby. Not this time.

Tomorrow, I dust and vacuum. Wednesday I clean bathrooms. Thursday, I clean the kitchen. Then I'm DONE. Or done for. Whatever.

Meanwhile, the homeowner's association has cited us for about 15 violations, ranging from broken pickets on our fence to bushes that need pruning. My attitude is that those bushes are SUPPOSED to be that size. Duh. So, yeah, I'll get to that. Real soon. Really.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow. You are busting your butt! Way to go! I can't believe your HOA isn't giving you the benefit of the doubt. This is why I don't have one ;)

Anonymous said...

I usually hear of homeowner's associations as meddling in all the wrong things. Glad we're not in one!
What a man you married! I hope you enjoy your company AND your spankin' clean house!