Monday, February 15, 2010

Steppin' into the Aughts and a case of the doldrums

Yup, we're stepping into the 2000's. I now have a laptop with wireless internet. I can dance around the house while surfing the internet. Not that I generally would, what with my pitiful battery life. But if I wanted to, I could! And did I mention -- I installed it myself? Oh, yeah. Who da mom?!

So, what else is going on here? Hmm. Not much.

The Olympics are on. Hm. Figure skating, crazy people on sleds, sports so inaccessibly hard that they fail to be interesting.

There was a cat fight at the Women's Colony. Was that movie director too fat to be entitled to sit in one seat? Was he entitled to be fat? And didn't he check the airline policy before trying to fly his fat butt from Los Angeles to San Francisco in one seat?

The Husband is sick again, this time with a sore throat and aches.

The Boy is being obstinate and rude during homeschool. "I can't do this! I don't want help! I can't do this! No, don't help!" It's like he's got a split personality or something.

I'm still trying to find some science curriculum for The Girl. By the time I finish The Boy's Calvert curriculum, she's too far into her PBSKids afternoon shows to get her back for any. She just doesn't get abstract things well, and quite frankly, she doesn't want to do science anyway. *sigh*

I keep trying to get out and move my rain barrel, but I just can't disentangle the kids long enough to get it going. Maybe tomorrow.

Valentine's Day? When was that? Our effort this year can only be called pitiful. I didn't even make cake for the kids, not to mention any "husband action". Forget about it.

I feel like we're in a doldrums or something. This calls for drastic measures. I wonder what that should be.

1 comment:

Suburban Correspondent said...

Move north and play in some snow! It gives you an excuse to skip school for the day (or the week).