Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Late to bed and early to rise makes...

Late to bed and early to rise makes mom a crazy bitch.

Seriously, what gives with this? Why am I always last on the list of "people who must sleep now"? Apparently, The Husband (as Breadwinner) is first on the list. The Girl is second, because she has the most delicate sleep cycle. Then comes The Boy, who must sleep or he'll try to sleep through homeschool and not sleep the next night either. Then, and only then, comes Mom. That's right -- I'm last on the list of people who "need" to sleep.

Last night, The Girl fell asleep on the couch in her daytime clothes. I put The Boy to bed at 9:00, but since he had napped during math time, he didn't get to sleep until 11:30. We moved The Girl to bed around 11:00, but she woke when I put her into pajamas. She wanted to run around screaming, sleep on the couch and/or sleep in my bed. I opted for "sleep in my bed", which meant that I couldn't move her out of my bed for another hour, lest I wake her again. Meanwhile, The Husband, complaining that he needed to sleep, went to bed, too. By 12:30, I was too tired to move The Girl out of my bed, so I just slept on the couch.

Up again at 6:30 when The Boy started messing with The Girl's television schedule.

Late to sleep and early to rise...

No comments: