Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Scouts and field trips. Feh.

Is it me, or are the homeschool moms here getting more competitive? Fortunately, I am seriously starting to care less.

And is anyone else out there not the "field trip" type? I use soup-to-nuts curriculum because I have no self-discipline. How can I cover agriculture in the Midwest if I'm constantly taking the kids places they don't want to go?

There's a subtle but critical difference between Parents' Night Out and Cub Scouts, and I need to find out what it is. Parents' Night Out is about following one's bliss. Cub Scouts is about sitting and listening to someone blab on about first aid, and then having to make charts of what should be in a first aid kit. The Boy was actually trying to climb out of his skin and escape the last Cub Scout meeting I took him to. (Someone mentioned that at the last camp out, the scouts were working on a math belt loop after breakfast. Oh yeah, let's all sit down now. It's time for math class. Heh?)

Maybe it'll come to me later.

No comments: