Monday, November 23, 2009

Pre-trip anxiety already

I'm planning some advance details for our trip Up North over Christmas. Notice how I'm not calling it a vacation? It's only a vacation if you don't take your kids. ;)

We've had the airline reservations since spring, but had no rental car. I think I have a car rental, but I'm not sure. I mean, I spent 10 minutes on the phone with a really nice guy, but at the last minute, his computer locked up, and, well, if I don't get email soon, I'll call them back. (sigh) Progress...

I'm hoping (after I finish curing cancer) to pack brand new toiletries and all our cold weather clothes into two suitcases and put them in the car by the 22nd. We're limited to two suitcases, each a maximum of 80" total size WxLxD and 50 pounds. I don't see that being a problem, she said blithely...

After all, we only own one sweater apiece, and the kids only own one pair of shoes apiece that are closed-toe. I'm thinking three pair of pants, four long-sleeved t-shirts, one sweater, and some underwear. The kind relatives Up North are getting us real coats and boots. I don't think the fleece-lined sweatshirts the kids use for the depths of winter here will do. Somehow.

Why does this sound so easy? Brrr. Chills.

1 comment:

Suburban Correspondent said...

If they'll be playing in snow, you'll need longjohns under their pants or ski pants. Where are you headed?