Friday, November 20, 2009

Christmas in the Suburbs

Suburban Correspondent is taking a vow of simplicity this Christmas. No early planning, no months of working ahead to make The Season "magical". It's "start late and keep it simple" for her this year. I did that one Thanksgiving, and LOVED IT. But I think the complexity of Christmas calls for a little more planning...

If I don't start early, I miss something dear to me -- or my dear husband. I lay out what I need, set dates, and get on it. We also have mail issues. I've given up on "magical", and am going for "happy".

I'm sooo trying to reach Christmas well rested for a change. I'm usually over-tired and nauseated. Not a good start to The Day.

We've pared down the preparations to the essentials, and are trying to keep it cool. Otherwise, I'm not going to fit in the twins' birthday, Christmas, packing for our flight on the 26th, and leaving a fairly hygienic house.

So, short answer, nope, no sale. We're still on the treadmill -- out of sheer self-defense.

No comments: