Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Lost in the translation

Oy vey. I live in a world where, "Go wash your hands," apparently means, "Please wipe your hands on your butt as you walk out of the room." It reminds me of people who think that the yellow traffic light means, "Hurry up and go; the light is about to turn red." (Just for the record, it really means, "Stop now; the light is about to turn red.)

I'm packing for my Christmas trip in November. Strange, even for me. I'm buying duplicate toiletries and new underwear to pack NOW. A few days before the trip, I'll pack the warm clothes, and I'll be done. Right?

Go ahead. If you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans. I suspect it makes blog readers do the same...

1 comment:

Suburban Correspondent said...

Where I live, if you slow down/stop for a yellow, you will get rearended by the person behind you trying to make the light.