Sunday, November 22, 2009

my upcoming "week off" -- hahaha!

I'm trying to get into the habit of making a small brain-dump every day. 'Cause every day (in the shower) I think of something cool and witty to put here. By the time I get on the computer and get the kids to stop reading over my shoulder, it's just gone. I wonder if there's a word for that. Maybe "blog fart"? Hmm.

I have next week off from school, so I'm hoping to clean the house, write up an interim report on the kids homeschool progress, make The Girl a desk, prune the shrubs, set out the advent stuff, power wash the patio, make an appointment for a good portrait of the kids, and cure cancer. No problem.

I found the desk that I want for The Girl, but it's just a tiny bit out of my price range. Apparently, I have a love/hate relationship with Crate and Barrel. I think with about $100 in lumber, I can make her something simpler but pretty. Her "drawing" has taken over our foyer, and it's time to move it along to another room. I'm thinking it should have its own shop vac attached, but that might drive the price up. ;)

No comments: