Monday, November 9, 2009

The Great Experiment (and a catch up on homeschool)

Hmm. This is the end of the first week of my Great Experiment. Mostly, this means that I'm trying to see what my brain will do without any carbohydrates.

So far, so good. I have this strange, oddly lucid feeling, especially in the evening. Of course that may be the extra caffeine. Yeah, yeah, I know -- Atkins says that coffee has carbs. That was reason #1 I didn't go with him. Seriously, it's enough to elbow out pasta, but coffee and tea? Bite me!

I read the greatest thing in a book last night called When You Eat at the Refrigerator, Pull Up a Chair. It says that a diet becomes a non-diet when saying no to selected foods feels more like blessing yourself with health and vitality, rather than depriving yourself of onion rings. Wow. I actually feel that way sometimes.

On the school front, I've given up yelling at kids. I've been doing too much of it lately. The neighbors are going to call the little guys in the white suits if they hear me scream, "Stop screaming!!" one more time. Seriously. I'm disengaging. Wish me luck...

No comments: