Saturday, May 30, 2009

It LIVES...

I'm finally over my cold. You know what finally kicked it? The kind, lovely, ever-practical mom in my PE group made me corn soup. Cures what ails you. How sweet is that?

The Husband is down with it now, but sufficiently recovered to go to the "Vintage Vinyl" shop and leave me with two bored, hot kids. I just bought the nicest sprinkler on Amazon...

School is seriously winding down now. We've done nothing but one grammar page, one math page, and some arithmetic for three days now. The Boy is getting off easy because I've got him doing his placement exams for Calvert. The Girl is just getting off easy.

And speaking of The Girl, she has been like a vacuum cleaner lately. She eats like a full-grown man! I've never seen anything like it. Oh, and the skirt I made for her with the 25" hips? The one that would have fit her two weeks ago? Not so much now. Her hips are now 28". I'd better build that "getting my period" social story going SOON. Oh the humanity. She's not even 10 yet! Here's hoping she takes it well.

Is anyone else a compulsive planner? I'm looking at airfare for Christmas already. They're not even scheduling flights yet, but I'm On It.

The food coop finally went online, so I have to get on over there. I hope it's a good interface, 'cause I'm tired of driving half-way across the county to place my order every month. They're trying to phase out the monthly price books, good hippies that they are. Go Green!

No comments: