Monday, June 1, 2009

The Perfect Christian Woman (not me!)

For some reason, I feel surrounded and isolated by right-wing Christian extremists lately. I blame my cousin first.

I only have one cousin, and I remember her as always being a cute, well-behaved, perfect little girl. Her mother was a perfect southern belle, and my uncle was almost as revolting. They lived a cute, perfect-looking life in Atlanta until her mom wanted more. More kids, that is... ;) With other men. :O

Anyway, this is the kind of girl whose maternal grandmother took her out just before her 12th birthday and had her eyebrows "done". She hasn't had so much as a stray in 28 years. My sister and I, on the other hand, were small, brown potatoes in comparison. My cousin was so sweet, cute, and well groomed, that it made us look like wild west prospectors. We tried not to stand too close.

She's 40 years old now, and still living in Atlanta. She's married to a nice man 10 years older than she is. She's homeschooling her perfect 13-year-old daughter and will probably homeschool her 2-year-old boy as well. Here's the kicker. Her Facebook page links to here: The Patriot Post.

Scary, no? This is a web site that declares Barak Obama to be "This Week's Alpha Jackass" for nominating Sonia Sotomayor to the Supreme Court. Heh? How does Rush Limbaugh not get that award for, say, EVERYTHING HE'S SAID ALL WEEK?

And all this couldn't be weirder, because I'm actually a Christian, too. I'm just not the kind who would post the following on my Facebook page: "Not only is the Lord an unbreachable defence to those who find their identity and righteousness in Christ, but He knows intimately each whom He defends. He is aware of our every need and every weakness, and thus, we, His people, can be supremely confident in His ability to bolster us in the face of even the fiercest enemy. Rejoice, O believer, for He is our great shield and high wall of bastion!"

What tha? I don't even want to know what web site she got that from... She's just revolting.

So, what's my problem?


No comments: