Friday, June 5, 2009

Last Day of School, Last Day of School!!

Last day of school. We did a little handwriting, grammar, and paragraph writing. The Girl did her "nine's a swiper" (addition), and we called it a day. I spent the rest of the morning taking down posters, putting supplies away, and gathering up all the stuff we did into a single place. It was sort of a melancholy feeling. It's all packed up and put away.

I have to build their portfolios next week and bribe my teacher girlfriend to review them. That should be interesting... ;)

We went to Wendy's for the last time of the school year. Everyone had outgrown their school t-shirts except me. (Well, come to think of it, I've "outgrown" mine, too, but it was a little small to begin with. Honest!) The Husband and The Boy got me a gift card for Jo-Ann Fabrics, and got a small bouquet for my mom, who has been providing the highlight of each academic week -- Friday lunch at Wendy's. Okay, my kids are easy to impress.

In other news, The Girl threw the fit of the century in the grocery store yesterday. I actually hauled a screaming, crying, 9-year-old girl out of the store in front of God and everybody. I loaded her into the car, flipped the child-safety switch on the door, and shut her in. Poor thing. She didn't get deli cheese, she didn't get strawberries, and she didn't get gum. So many disappointments in one afternoon... She wasn't up to par when we left the house, and the stop at the Hair Cuttery didn't bode well. I guess I should have seen it coming. I just couldn't do anything about it.

My sweet husband suggested hot dogs for dinner and some quiet sewing time for my PTSD. Seriously, post-traumatic stress barely covers it. The Boy managed to give me heart palpitations by sneaking up on me later while I was sewing and screaming, "Boo!" If that boy lives to 21 years old, it'll be a miracle.

No comments: