Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Oh, the humanity...

I've been on the same cold-like thing for two days now! This is the worst kind of cold -- it makes you woozy, achy, tired, and gives you a sinus headache, but you don't *look* or *sound* sick. Oh, the calamity... No one will leave me (or the popsicles in the fridge) alone.

The Husband came home yesterday evening and found me in a heap on the couch. I told him, "There are pork chops thawed in the fridge, noodles in the pantry, and summer squash in the crisper." He checked the pork chops and put them on the counter to finish thawing. Half an hour later, I was still lying on the couch. He walked by and asked, "Did you want me to cook dinner?" Well, duh.

True confession: I helped The Boy cheat on an exam today. Sort of. He's coming down with this thing, and had to take a grammar test for Calvert. I just kept handing the page back to him and saying, "You know better than that. Fix it." Because, honestly, he does. And I mean, when it says "There are three adverbs in this sentence; underline them," he should at least underline three words, no? Boys. Pah. (Why do I still feel guilty? It's not like I didn't leave enough mistakes!)

Now, I have to scrape my carcass off the computer chair, pack up some water bottles, and take the punks (I mean, my children) to the park for homeschool play date. I wouldn't do it, except that maybe the house won't be trashed as quickly if they're not home...

No comments: