Friday, September 12, 2008

On a lighter note, sort of...

I'm starting to suspect that there are rifts in the homeschool community, and that they're not pretty. I may be paranoid, but I'm already getting "don't contaminate our quality learning environment with your weirdos" vibes already. Is it me, or are there several distinct classes of homeschoolers? I can count only four:

1. those who are trying to produce the next Secretary of State
2. those who are trying to keep their children free from the taint of society's intellectual tyrrany
3. those who are trying to cloister their children from the influence of The Sinful World
4. those whom whom the public schools have failed and have chosen homeschooling as their salvation and refuge

Is it me, or does the first group tend to hold the rest of us in suspicion and mild distain?

No comments: