Monday, August 4, 2008

School Policies

My teacher friends are giving me advice -- on school lunches, fire drills, and not leaving students alone except between classes. I told them we'd be bringing our lunches from home, so the school lunch program wasn't much of an issue. We'll probably put off the fire drills until the weather's cool enough that it won't kill us. The only problem is that I'm not sure I WANT The Girl knowing how to open the windows. I'm sure The Boy would be only too glad to make the fire-drill noise for us...

I suppose I can skip filling out the emergency parental notification cards this year, along with the lunch numbers. What, The Boy is #1 and The Girl is #2. Lining up to go to PE could be interesting -- lining up to pee before putting on swim suits!

My mom is d-y-i-n-g to help, but can't figure out how to do it without getting in the way or, as she puts it, "actually getting her hands dirty". She doesn't want to come help us measure the backyard with yardsticks, but she would bring in lunch a few days a week. She's so cute!

No comments: