Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Parents' Night In (again) and Curruculum Envy

We're bailing on "parents' night out" tonight. I was sick of being there, sick of the gleam in the other parents' eyes, and sick of saying, "Girl, get back here. Stay with the kids." Sick!

My mom's going to babysit them Friday evening, so The Husband and I can go celebrate our new-found poverty. ;) Someone gave him $100 in Darden Restaurant cards for some presentation he did this summer, so we're off to -- what -- Olive Garden or something. I wonder how the daquiris are at Olive Garden...

Had my first fit of Curriculum Envy yesterday -- made the mistake of looking up a link my egg-head brother sent me -- http://www.greatbooks.org/programs-for-all-ages/junior/jgbseries/jgb2006.html Sheesh. Way make me feel like a total dufus. I was going to teach The Boy reading comprehension using Goosebumps books. *sigh* Turns out I should be using Nigerian folk tales instead...

No comments: