Tuesday, August 5, 2008

math and other crazy ideas...

I started working in earnest on my math lesson plans, and am starting to realize that it takes a whole lot longer (in weeks) to teach measurement than I had thought. Not bad... As long as I can keep them busy, I'm good. (Quick -- what's the difference between volume and capacity? Why do we measure soda in ounces and not cubic inches?)

In other news, the kids have mini-vacation-bible-school this week. Basically, some crazy person is doing five days of "parents' night out" at church. Unfortunately, none of the people running it is as fast as The Girl, so there is no "out" for me, just "in". Meaning I get to go to vacation week at church with the kids. I asked my mom if she would go to vacation week with The Girl one day this week, and she said no, there wasn't enough money in the world. (To be fair, she did offer to sit her at home.) Maybe The Girl will settle down enough by Friday that The Husband and I can go out for a margerita on my LAST DAY OF WORK! We're working on our mantra with The Girl: "we stay with the kids". Wish me luck.

No comments: