Tuesday, August 19, 2008

8 year olds and prehistory -- plus a tropical storm!

Fun thing today -- I'm headed into teaching prehistory, so I'm now doing timelines. Monday, we did a timeline for a day. (I had to use the TV guide from the newspaper for The Girl.) Today, we did a timeline for a year, with all the holidays and our vacations. I'm hammering on earlier/later and past/future. I started on making a century timeline with The Boy, and told him that if I want to put the time Jesus was born, I have to extend it to the front lawn, and he asked me how far to the cave men! Wow! I thought the curiousity was gone! (I estimated from here to the airport!) That was fun. Hey, I take my victories where I can get them.

Other than that, I'm starting to get the urge to clean the house. I'm getting sick of seeing the mess. Hm. Bad sign. I've also been baking cookies. ;)

And the tropical storm is going to go off the coast, turn into a hurricane, and come back at us again. Or something like that. Can't wait...

No comments: