Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Like Martha freakin' Stewart!

Didja ever cook something complicated for dinner, just knowing that the kids were going to love it? No, me either. Every time I make meatballs, I think to myself, "Well, there's an hour I'll never see again!" Fortunately, I love them! (I cook the onions first, so they have a caramelized sort of flavor. Mmm.)

On a brighter note, I actually mailed a hand-knitted scarf to a dear old friend today, and included some catnip mice that I made from baby socks. I even wrapped it in an old Hickory Farms box that I re-covered with wrapping paper using spray adhesive. I felt like Martha freakin' Stewart!

Then I took the kids to Target. AND didn't get a mint mocha. Hmph. Next time I fly solo!

The house is still a mess, but I don't care anymore. My Amazon boxes arrived. The house is adequately decorated. The Husband had bought The Boy's presents, and I've taken care of everyone else. The Boy has decorated the gingerbread house. The Thanksgiving cranberries have been made into orange-cranberry bread and put in the freezer.

So, tomorrow morning I'm taking a few hours off -- and getting a mamogram. Oh, I am a wild and crazy woman on the loose!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Meatballs are totally worth it!
Dang, lady, you got your Christmas mojo on full speed ahead!