Monday, November 14, 2011

Further shame and pain

Oy. I sprained my ankle wicked bad this afternoon.

I was trying to get The Boy to balance and glide on the bike, but he started screaming, "NO! NO! I'm gonna CRASH! I'M GONNA CRASH!!" Naturally, after that outburst, the first thing he did was crash. On top of me. He scraped his knee pretty badly, but rest assured, he did NOT take it like a man. And the whole neighborhood knows. Shame added to my injury.

Insult added to injury was that I still had to walk home -- after assuring the nice lady that tottered out of the nearest house that I wasn't dying. Fortunately, The Girl was throwing a tantrum because she had forgotten to wear a sweater on a sunny 85 degree day. (Apparently, helmet and sweater are both required for biking.) It was fortunate because I got to push the bike home, using it like a walking frame. When we got home, she put on her sweater and asked to go out again. I just smirked and said, "Get in the house."

I seem to be able to walk on my heel, but I can't move my toes without extreme pain. What could that mean? Time to go to Urgent Care? I would, except it's my driving foot.

Maybe I'll wait and see. I'm just afraid to see what gets added to shame, insult and injury. I'm thinking more pain. Those x-ray techs are brutal...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

OUCH. My guess is it's not bone, but probably tendon or ligament. Which means it may or may not show up on x-ray and they may or may not be able to do anything about it other than give you the good drugs and advise you not to walk, drive, or otherwise move the foot. Because yeah... with two kids who will hang from the ceiling like monkeys the minute your back is turned and who have to have their therapy, that's SOOO gonna happen. That sucks!!! :(

Anonymous said...

Yikes. I hope you're okay--give it ice!