Saturday, November 12, 2011

Friday's Wall of Shame

In the spirit of Suburban Correspondent's refrigerator confessions, I now offer you my Friday Wall of Shame.

I have reached a low in housekeeping that I can not possibly excuse. "Oh, I have two bathrooms, and no one uses the master bathroom. Oh, there are two sinks, so it doesn't really matter if mine is scrubbed all the time. Oh, blah, blah, blah."

So it's come to this: I have weeds in my sink drain.


The last time I carried the lawn waste to the curb, it covered my shirt in hitchhiker seeds. I picked them off and washed them down the drain. Apparently, they caught in the gasket around my drain plug. And apparently, they're immune to toothpaste.

I have no idea which is scarier -- that my sink is dirty enough to support plant life or that these seeds seem to thrive after being washed with toothpaste twice a day.

I think I'll blame the seeds. 'Cause in Florida, anything's possible.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA! That is the funniest thing I've ever seen! How crazy! And don't you want to know what kind of things might grow there?

Sarah said...

ROFL! I love it. I vote you use that as a science experiment involving invasive species. All you need now is a cane toad. (On another front, I'm very glad that I'm not the only one who has the odd moment where you realize Martha Stewart would actually DIE if she walked into your house.)

LeAnn Knight said...

Sink seedlings. Awesome!

Suburban Correspondent said...

Oh, wow - you totally win.