Thursday, October 6, 2011

Behold the power...

of chocolate chip pancakes. "Boychild, if you let me sleep all night, I'll make you chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast." It was that easy. I had forgotten the number one motivation for preteen boys -- food. The fastest way to a boy's heart is through his stomach. (Especially if you have a fishing knife. Just kidding.)

So, I'm thinking of making a questionnaire.

You and your husband have a free half hour to yourselves before you have to start dinner. You sneak off to the bedroom, and you:
a. have a wild, crazy quickie before dinner,
b. both crash out for a quick nap, or
c. neither of the above -- the kids would be drinking Drano and swinging from the ceiling fans.

2. When your husband leaves for work in the morning, you:
a. give him a passionate hug and kiss to send him off,
b. roll over, kiss him, and hope you can go back to sleep, or
c. neither of the above -- he's afraid of being splattered with baby food and won't come near.

You get the drift. I love my husband, but I live to sleep. What's that all about?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's about reality, isn't it?
Glad you found a tool in the box that works--who'd have guessed FOOD would do it?

Sarah said...

During summer, the answers are C and B. During the school year, the man lays in bed while *I* get up and get the children ready for the day. It's exasperating.