Thursday, October 27, 2011

Girlie Girls

Q: How many Mormon Mommy Bloggers does it take to pump gas?
A: None. He fills up her minivan for her when he takes the boys to scouts.

I don't know what makes me think of this stuff... Except maybe women to use phrases like:
"Yesterday I had some fun with my sisters instead of working on today's post. It was really great and exactly what I needed. We ate a yummy lunch, shopped a little, and then we got wild and crazy and dyed each other's hair :) "

Seriously, I used my birthday spa manicure/pedicure on Monday when The Husband had the day off. I'm walking around with "Aphrodite's Pink Nightie" on my fingers and "Diva of Geneva" on my toes. I feel like such a girl.

I never did get used to hanging out with girls. I was never very popular in middle school, and I was a band jock in high school. Once I discovered boys, I never looked back. It didn't help that I was in the school of science at Purdue in college. I never personally knew any women. When I did have roommates, I never shared clothes or make up with them because all my roommates were short and busty. And makeup? Who wears makeup in college? Oh. My roommates? I lived with women who had beauty routines that they performed with religious regularity. But it never took.

Sometimes I envy girls. *sigh* I'll just have to console myself with the fact that even though my husband doesn't fill my gas tank, build the bookcases, plant the trees, or teach the kids to ride bikes, I DO. I am Mom. I rock.

But not as beautifully as a girl.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Yeah makeup and I have only made acquaintance in the last couple of years. I was always one of the guys, too. It's a whole lot easier to not give a crap and belch whenever you want than to dress up and care.

LeAnn Knight said...

Girly-ness is so overrated. Given the choice I will hang out with the guys every time.

Anonymous said...

I bet you're beautiful in that strong, tough way.

Amy Dingmann said...

I just found your blog, and I think I'm in love! You've made me laugh so much in the last ten minutes...I've gotta put you on my sidebar! :)