Sunday, October 23, 2011

Signs.

Is it a bad sign when...

...the main reason I go to church is to get away from the kids for a few hours?

...I dream about chewing off my bite guard three times in one dream?


...I stay up and watch SNL just because everyone else is asleep and no one will get in my face?

...if The Husband and I got away for the weekend alone, I'd spend it sleeping?

...my dearest wish is that The Girl masters all her self-care skills independently -- so I can go away for the weekend and sleep?

...I knit for excitement?

...I have my birthday pedicure/manicure tomorrow, with lunch afterward with The Husband, and I'm not excited about going?

Running low on gas, I am. Seriously low. We're all fighting a sinus infection kind of thing, and it's leaving us tired and cranky. And by "us", I mean the adults.

I swear, it's like a competition with this man. All I have to say is, "Ugh, I have a sinus headache," and he has to chime in, "Yeah, I thought I was getting sick, too. I have that tickle in the throat and neck thing going on. I almost left work early." Seriously, this man isn't normally what I'd call overly competitive, but this is ridiculous. Maybe he's caught on to my, "Whoever gets sick first gets to go to bed; the other one has to stay up and take care of the kids" policy.

How long can a kid survive on low-fat potato chips and grapes? Seriously, how hard is it for The Husband to make real food for them? I think he's trying to guilt me into letting him be sick. No. No sick time here. You'd have to go away for the weekend, and you can't do that until The Girl can take her own shower.

My life doesn't always suck, but when it does, it sucks the life out of me.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Ugh. I hate the competitive illness thing. I can rarely have a migraine by myself. I hope you get to feeling better soon and can catch a real break somewhere!

Anonymous said...

You sound like someone in need of a quality weekend AWAY and ALONE. Hugs.