Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Oh sure, it's hot here, but...

Okay, I caught some grief for yesterday's post. Sure, "only 91 degrees" isn't so bad until you consider that I don't have to check the forecast again until, oh, November -- cause it ain't gonna change. Day after day of "heat index 101" will wear a gal down. There's something about our sun angle that makes "91 in the shade" kind of irrelevant.


Don't get me wrong. We can't top 110 degrees. But you all will have crispy fall leaves by October. Us, not so much. We'll be swatting killer spiders with the Fall L.L.Bean catalog long before we have to break down and wear socks.

And the high in Washington, DC for Saturday? 84 degrees.

Now, Tulsa? That's a different story. Just give up now. Move to Alaska. I always wondered who came to the Florida beaches in the dead of summer. Now I know. You people are crazy.

Tulsa Oklahoma:


We'll leave the light on for you...

2 comments:

S. said...

LOL I'll be right down! And when it's 23 degrees and snowing in November, you can come up and play in the snow for a few days, too ;)

SandyAnnDee said...

:) I hear ya. We have close to the same temps here in south Louisiana. Luckily, I prefer heat over cold.