Tuesday, January 18, 2011

tick, tick, tick...

So I'm sitting at my school table today in my kneeling chair, "resting" my head on the table, trying to get up enough strength to start the school day, when I start hearing a sort of ticking sound. I sit up. I listen. Nothing. It seems to be coming from closer to the table. I lower my head a bit. Is it a timer? The thermostat? What could that be? I shrug and put my head back down, contemplating how much energy would really be required to make more coffee. Suddenly, it occurs to me. That ticking sound? Coming from near the table? Is on my wrist. And it says 9:00. Oy, get to work!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Love it :D Gotta love those not-so-subtle reminders.

Anonymous said...

I have those moments all the time--"WHat is that sound?" And it's something right in front of me. Sheesh.

LeAnn Knight said...

I did that on a camping trip once. Couldn't figure out what the ticking was for the longest time. I thought I had some kind of beetle in my tent! :)